Objectives and Expectations of this course

Objectives and Expectations of this course

by Kuresa Tiumalu-Faleseuga -
Number of replies: 1
My objective is to be able connect the dots between what happens at the financial world and personal financial experiences including mine.For example the current contamination issues with Fonterra's products and its effects on New Zealand economy. Will this have any effect on my personal financial situation? How far down the system would this go? How long will it last? My expectation is that this course will provide me with a basic understanding of the financial systems and how it connects to personal expereinces and lives. The important thing is developing the skills and know-how of using this information. I believe having this ability to make these connections can help with planning and managing finacial siutations effectively at various levels.
In reply to Kuresa Tiumalu-Faleseuga

Re: Objectives and Expectations of this course

by Arnold Young -

Hi Kuresa

This course should meet most of your objectives. Its whole intent is for you to be able to read/watch/listen to the news and understand what it means. The example of Fonterra that you cite is very relevant to this week's topic. At the end of the week you should have a better understanding of how and why it will affect your personal financial situation (although you will not be able to predict how long it will last - not even the 'experts' will be able to tell you that with certainty!).